You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Temperature: 99.5-101.5 F
Heart Rate: 32-44 beats/min
Respiratory Rate: 6-16 breaths/min
Mucous Membrane Color: Pale Pink
Capillary Refill Time: 1-2 seconds
Gut Sounds: Always present
Temperature: Increases the first four days, then plateaus at 100-102 F
Heart Rate: 60-110 beats/min
Respiratory: 25-60 breaths/min
The Vet Recommends....
Suggestions and Horsekeeping Tips to keep your horse happy and healthy
Parasite Control Recommendations
Information and recommendations based on the American Association of Equine Practioners Parasite Control Guidelines.
|March or April
- Submit a fecal sample on every individual horse
- De-worm with Moxidectin/Praziquantel (Quest Plus)
- 2 week follow up fecal check on any horses with an initial fecal egg count over 200 eggs/gm
|June or July
- Fecal egg count
- De-worm with appropriate product based on a 200 or more fecal egg count.
|September or October
||Deworm with Ivermectin/Praziquantel
|December or January
- Perform fecal egg count
- De-worm based on 200 or more egg count
**Recommend Panacur Powerpac every 3-4 years.
Most effective if given at the end of grazing season in your region. (e.g. prior to hot, dry summers and/or cold freezing winters)